Retirement-Related Considerations from Retirement Expert Tom Hegna, CLU, ChFC, CASL (Ep. 20)
While June is annuity awareness month, this week’s conversation goes beyond just annuities to encapsulate many other retirement-related components.
In this episode, economist, author, and retirement expert Tom Hegna joins Jack Martin to break down valuable retirement considerations. Covering everything from retirement income and taxes to life insurance, healthcare, and more, Tom shares his best advice so that you, too, can become a retirement expert like him.
- Why retirement doesn’t have to be difficult nor complicated
- Reasons advisors should talk about tax diversification with clients
- Considerations for the 4% rule
- The three levels of a fiduciary and how to tackle misinformation around them
- Why you might want to leave your children life insurance rather than money
- And more!
- Indexed Universal Life (IUL) Insurance
- Michael Kitces
- Jamie Hopkins
- The Alliance For Lifetime Income
- The Alliance For Lifetime Income – Tools and Guides
- The Alliance For Lifetime Income – Articles
- Episode 11 – Creating Income That Won’t Outlast Your Retirement — With Mike Harris and Jon Rosborough
- “Man On A Mission” by Mary Feldman on Amazon
- “The Power of Zero” by David McKnight on Amazon
- Ed Slott and Company, LLC
- Episode 17: Protecting Clients’ Retirement Savings with Tax Planning — With Ed Slott, CPA
- “Tax-Free Retirement” by Patrick Kelley on Amazon
- “Think & Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill on Amazon
Connect with Tom Hegna:
- Tom Hegna
- Tom Hegna – Webinars
- Tom Hegna – Presentations
- Tom Hegna – Shop
- LinkedIn: Tom Hegna
- Facebook: Tom Hegna
- Twitter: Tom Hegna
- YouTube: Tom Hegna
Check out Tom’s books:
- “Paychecks and Playchecks: Retirement Solutions for Life”
- “Retirement Income Masters: Secrets of the Pros”
- “Paycheques and Playcheques: Retirement Solutions for Canadians”
- “Don’t Worry, Retire Happy! Seven Steps to Retirement Security”
- “Don’t Worry, Retire Happy! Seven Steps to Retirement Security for Canadians”
Connect with Jack Martin:
About our Guest:
Tom Hegna is an economist, author, and retirement expert. He has been an incredibly popular industry speaker for many years and is considered by many to be THE Retirement Income Expert.
As a former First Vice President at New York Life, retired Lieutenant Colonel, and economist, Tom has delivered over 5,000 seminars and has condensed his knowledge into five different books.