Viewing Retirement As Personal Preferences Rather Than Behavioral Finance with Wade Pfau, Ph.D., CFA, RICP® (Ep. 22)
While it’s common for advisors to approach their clients with retirement income questions and predetermined answers, Retirement Researcher also focuses on a wide range of possibilities based on the unique needs of retirees and pre-retirees.
In this episode, the firm’s founder and The American College of Financial Services’ retirement income professor, Wade Pfau, discusses how the company helps advisors like you approach client retirement. Wade also reveals why the best approach to building a retirement income strategy involves remaining open to all the possibilities.
- Using the Retirement Income Style Awareness Profile (RISA) to determine how to source your client retirement income
- The four main retirement income strategies and how to help your clients select the one that suits them best
- Annuity puzzle considerations for retirees and pre-retirees
- How advisors can use Retirement Researcher’s retirement comprehensive assessment questionnaire for clients
- Why there isn’t just one way to approach retirement
- And more!
- About Alex Murguia
- Retirement Income Style Awareness (Risa) Profile
- RetirementResearcher.com – Resources
- Retirement Researcher.com – Articles
- Monte Carlo Simulation
Connect with Wade Pfau:
- The American College of Financial Services
- RetirementResearcher.com – Contact Form and Weekly Newsletter Subscription
- Wade Pfau – Books
- LinkedIn: Wade Pfau
Connect with Jack Martin:
About our Guest:
Wade Pfau is Retirement Researcher’s founder, a firm all about guiding people along the path to a successful and sustainable retirement by providing modern, sound academic research. Wade is also a retirement income professor at The American College of Financial Services, a higher education institution for financial planners. He earned a Ph.D. in economics from Princeton University in 2003 with a dissertation about Social Security reform and became a CFA charter holder in 2011.