Removing Mental Roadblocks: How To Change Anyone’s Mind with Jonah Berger (Ep.40)
Advisors, start asking ‘why’ instead of number-pushing
Get ready to discover the secrets to removing barriers and making your ideas contagious in this week’s episode of The Breakthrough Advisor with Jonah Berger, bestselling author, and professor at Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
Jonah unpacks the ins and outs of finding the catalyst for advisors to create change within their businesses while detailing the value of understanding the difference between ‘feeling like we should do something’ and ‘wanting to do something.’
- Ways advisors can incorporate change within their practice
- What you should know about decision-making from a client-advisor perspective
- Reasons people are more likely to make changes when motivated by their desires
- Why focusing on the long-term benefits can help overcome the short-term impact of change
- The value of turning clients into advocates
- And more!
Connect with Jonah Berger:
Connect with Jack Martin:
About Our Guest:
Jonah Berger is a marketing professor at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and internationally bestselling author of Contagious, Invisible Influence, and The Catalyst. Dr. Berger is a world-renowned expert on change, word of mouth, influence, consumer behavior, and how products, ideas, and behaviors catch on. He has published over 50 articles in top‐tier academic journals, teaches Wharton’s highest-rated online course, and popular outlets like The New York Times and Harvard Business Review often cover his work. He’s keynoted hundreds of events and often consults for organizations like Google, Apple, Nike, and the Gates Foundation.